For the past few months, I’ve been working on a new iOS app for Artsy, codenamed “Eidolon”. I think it’s cool for a couple of reasons: it’s open source, it’s in Swift, and it uses ReactiveCocoa. Now that our team had some time to sit down and reflect on our experience developing it,
I’ve written a retrospective on the project that goes into detail about some of the decisions we made. This is the story of how Eidolon came to be, not a description of the different technologies we used.
If you have any questions about any part of our process, let me know on twitter and I’d be happy to answer them.